|Ruler||King Johannes Elgin||Land Area||500,000 km2||Water Area||12,000 km2||Government||Hereditary Monarchy||Official Language||Common||Population||~10,100,000||Population Density||20.2/km2||Demonym||Hestian||Military Strength||5000|
Communities and Settlements
Societies and Organizations
Relations with other nations
The major biomes of Hestial are temperate deciduous broadleaf forests, farmland, and coastal regions. The land area is approximately 500,000 km2, and is found entirely on a peninsula of Faran. Hestial is not geologically active, possessing no known volcanoes and few earthquakes.
- Haveed – The capital of Hestial, found on the eastern coast
- Granite Hollow – The name of a barony and the village it contains, found in central Hestial
- Lacrima – A small coastal town, found on the western coast
- Skepshire – A port city, found on the western coast
- Rhodren – A hill dwarf settlement, found in northeastern Hestial
- Bheiburg – A port city, found on the southeastern coast
- Marei – A port city, found on the southwestern coast
- Corburn – A village found in central Hestial, west of Granite Hollow. The Starlight Dreams Traveling Circus was first encountered here.
- Merriwald – A village found in central Hestial, northwest of Corburn and east of Corfield. After Shear, of the Kyeeia Tomai threatened a local shopkeeper he and his companions were banished from the village and told to never return.
- Corfield – A village in central Hestial, west of Merriwald.
Hestians have the freedom to worship the religion of their choice. Some of the few Gods possessing actual temples/shrines/places of worship within Hestial include:
Bitani – A patron goddess of the home and hearth.
Gemmlon – A patron god of dwarves.
Kerpani – A patron god of the harvest and farming.
Pelagion – An ocean god, patron of safe sea voyages and bountiful fishing expeditions.
Velyti – A patron god of merchants, wealth and transactions.
The Mage Guild has a branch in the larger Hestial cities of Haveed, Skepshire, Bheiburg and Marei, as well as several licensed distributors of their products in some of the more populous towns.
The Masons are an international Dwarven organization that undertakes construction contracts and delivers quality results for a price. Recognized as masters of their craft, the Masons of the Hestial chapter operate out of their headquarters at Rhodren.
Several powerful trading houses have a branch in one or more of the coastal cities of Hestial. While little wealth manages to trickle down to the populace of Hestial, vast fortunes pass through the ports of Hestial each year.
Common is the official language of Hestial, and almost every resident speaks it fluently. Some of the Dwarven population speak Dwarvish, however since that population is well established in the area and not recent immigrants one could expect the Common language to suffice for almost any resident of Hestial.
Hestial uses the Faran Silver Standard, accepted as legal tender worldwide.
Hestial is a Hereditary Monarchy, the order of succession being determined by lineal primogeniture. The Monarch rules absolutely and is responsible for appointing provincial governors for the land, who in turn have the authority to appoint municipal leaders. Many smaller towns and villages end up being self-regulating with their officials being selected by the populous as opposed to being designated from a higher power.
Kardiam is the only nation which shares a border with Hestial. During the War of Five Seasons, Hestial sent their troops to support Kardiam’s war efforts, and since that time the two nations have been close allies.
Bhel, the island of the minotaur homeland, technically has open trading relations with Hestial. However, various minotaur chieftains hailing from smaller Bhel settlements pay little attention to the decrees of their ruler and prey upon the trading vessels found in Hestial’s waters. There is little love between these two nations.
While Hestial possess a very modest force of land troops, of perhaps 5000 men in total, they possess one of the largest human navies. The Hestian navy is fairly active patrolling the waters surrounding Hestial defending their trading vessels and the vessels of their foreign trading partners from pirates and rogue raiding galleys from the minotaur homeland of Bhel.